You’ve earned the right to wear the best. 3M™ Littmann® Stethoscopes are the trusted leaders of healthcare professionals worldwide. When you choose Littmann® Stethoscopes, you can expect exceptional sound quality, superior design innovations and durability, too. Find out more about why 3M™ Littmann® Stethoscopes are unique, and how to make the most of these powerful auscultation tools.
How to Use
5 tips to optimize performance & comfort
3M™ Littmann® Stethoscopes are known for first-class sound quality and comfort. But there are some simple things you can do to ensure the performance and wearability of your new scope. Check the following:
1. Headset Alignment
Before placing the eartips in your ears, hold the headset in front of you with the eartubes pointing away. Once the eartips are in your ears, they should point forward. Not all ear canals are alike. If after inserting the eartips properly the fit still isn’t comfortable, and/or acoustic performance is lacking, grasp each of the eartubes and adjust the headset for a custom fit. Wearing the headset improperly can result in a poor acoustical seal and in some cases, complete sound blockage.
2. Fit of Eartips
For optimal acoustic performance, it’s important to use the eartip size that best fits your ear. This is especially true when using the soft-sealing eartips. All eartips are available in small and large.
3. Possible Obstructions
If you usually carry your stethoscope in a pocket or don’t clean it often, lint or dirt may accumulate and obstruct the sound pathway. To prevent debris from accumulating, give your stethoscope routine cleaning and care.
4. The Seal
Stethoscopes rely on an airtight seal in order to transmit body sounds from the patient to the practitioner’s ears. Loose parts in the chestpiece, loose tubing, or cracked tubing can prevent an airtight seal.
5. Open the Bell
When using a double-sided stethoscope, you need to open (or index) the bell or diaphragm by rotating the chestpiece. If the diaphragm is open, the bell will be closed, preventing sound from coming in through the bell, and vice versa.
Littmann Classic III
(Colours are subject to stock availability)
- 2160 — Littmann Master Cardiology Stethoscope — Black
- 2163 — Littmann Master Cardiology Stethoscope — Burgundy
- 2176 — Littmann Master Cardiology Stethoscope — Smoke Edition
- 3128 — Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope — Black
- 3135 — Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope — Plum
- 2201 — Littmann Classic II S.E. Stethoscope — Black
- 2211 — Littmann Classic II S.E. Stethoscope — Burgundy
- 2113 — Littmann Classic II Pediatric Stethoscope — Black
- 2114 — Littmann Classic II Infant Stethoscope — Black
- 2450 — Littmann Lightweight II S.E. Stethoscope
- 36556 — Littmann Diaphragm & Rim Assembly for Cardio III, Cardio II, Master Classic II, Classic II S.E., Select Black
- 37811 — Littmann Soft-Seal Eartips, Snap-Tight, Black Large